Sep 30, 2008

Simple Things

There are a few things that have gotten me excited the past few days. First, Chris and I have been holding family scripture "study" (more like reading a few versus) followed by a primary song or church hymn, and then bedtime prayers. Coleman has caught on quickly! He points at the words as we read and jibber-jabbers like he's telling us a story. He dances to our primary songs and folds his arms when we say "Let's say prayers." It's so cute. At first he wanted nothing to do with sitting on the couch for more than 20 seconds. But, surprisingly, he's been obedient and seems to enjoy it, and knows it's routine now. The other night Chris and I got to the couch and sat down and Coleman came running over, picked up the Book of Mormon off the end table, and ran it over to us. AH! I was smiling inside and out. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but if you know Coleman, you know that this simple thing would melt my heart! He's so rough, on the go, and tries very hard to not be quiet or obedient. So, it was exciting and I almost cry when I think about it. Also, my mom and sister and my new niece are on there way to visit as we speak! They decided to road trip for about two weeks while my mom has work off! I can't wait. I've missed them so much. We are best-friends who just happened to be put into a family together. Granted, it wasn't always that way, but I've missed them terribly. There was never a time when I lived in Utah that if one of us was going to lunch or out to Target that the others weren't given a call to tag along. So, it will be fun to have them here for a short time! EXCITED? Yes, I am. And last, all of you moms will be able to relate to this, speaking has begun to take form. Coleman spends all day trying to tell me things. Today was the first time he pointed to a picture of an apple and said "Apple." Yesterday he asked for "wada" (water), and he has told EVERYONE we've passed while running errads today "BuByeee" (bye bye). I laughed every time because he was SO into saying bye. It was just cute. I'm sure it's a first time mom moment, but hey, it's exciting.
I love you my little, rambunctious, curious, sometimes obliging boy!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

All those things are awesome. Good job on creating a routine where you are doing what you are supposed to by holding family scripture and prayer every night. You are blessed for your efforts and he is feeling the Spirit. That is great!
Also I am happy for you that your fam is coming to visit. I know that you can't wait..they may be there by now, I haven't checked the blog all week. So have fun!
Yea for words too!

The Texas Links said...

I love him too! He's the cutest little person. Keep up the BoM reading. Your family will be blessed for it and it will just be something you do in your day, everyday, that Cole buddy will take with him later in life and he won't have to try to start up a new habit when he's 17. Start early...you're doing it right.
I'm so glad your mom and sister are coming (and the baby). How fun for you guys. Make sure you get some just mom and sister time. Chris can babysit the kids. Get some good girl time in. By the way, I would go to Target with you if I was there. Love you, Lace. Have fun with your fam.

Kimbie said...

Hi Lacey! Just wait until your baby says "hi" to everyone he passes and then starts yelling "HI" when they don't respond to him. It's quite entertaining.

This music isn't here just to listen to, it's to be lived and loved, so sit back and enjoy the sound


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.
Can it get any better than love AND chocolate?

Pretty much the most talented/overlooked actor!

A dramatic, true story of a piano prodigy, music and love

Best animated kids movie so far!

must see the whole series...MUST

Best "princess" story...and FUNNY!

Thumbs down to Tom, but I love this oldie.

Nazi regime, rebellion, music. If you haven't experienced it, you haven't lived!

4th from the left, 1st one on the right..*sigh*

Say what?! You don't know about Led Zeppelin...yer crazeh!

The most inspiring musician, Rachmaninov

MUSE, MUSE, and more MUSE! I dare you to experience them.

Winger's! Best wings on the planet.

SUSHI! Everyone must try sushi. Pregnant women all over Asia eat Sushi and their babies are fine! That's what I told my OB/Gyn. She just said "Ohhhkayyy" and rolled her eyes.