Jul 8, 2008

Baby Mya, and summer fun

My sister, Kimberly, had her baby three weeks early!!! Her name is Mya and SHE IS SOOOO CUTE! My-a, not Meea, was 6 lbs 1 oz and 20 1/4 inches long! She is so little little little. We hurried and packed up the car when she went into labor and drove 17 hours to Utah to see her and the new cutie pie. Lukily Chris' work is WAY flexible and let him have the time off. We chilled with my family over the fourth of July too, since we were there, and spent a lot of time holding baby Mya and imagining maybe having a girl of our own one day! The clothes are sooo cute and little girls have such a sweetness about them. Coleman spent most of his time running amok in my parent's backyard with his uncles, 4-wheeling with daddy, helping my parents mow the lawn, swimming in his little pool my mom got for him, going to the zoo, taking a nature walk with Kim's new little family (Mya's real first outing at 1/2 a week old! Yeah, crazy!), biting and hiting the dogs, and completely ignoring Mya. It made me feel guilty bringing him back to Oklahoma because I'm not that outgoing as far as "let's get out in the humidity and play all day." Utah was good for him. He learned a lot. Explored a lot, and had enough outdoor time to last a million years. My only wish would be for him to have had more fun with Mya. He was soooo annoyed by her at first. He DID NOT like seeing anyone hold her or coo with her, which is to be expected. But, one morning I was helping Kim and was changing Mya's diaper. Coleman came into the room and layed down on his belly with his head in his hands and watched me. Then he got up and left, then ran back into the room with one of his diapers and gave it to me and just stood there talking his little jibberish, like, "Hey, mom, change my diaper now." I was laughing so hard! He finally warmed up to her, but we weren't there long enough for them to establish any sort of memorable relationship. Oh well. It was great nonetheless.
We had a fourth of July party...my family goes to DATC's field every year, where I swear ALL of Kaysville comes to. We played cards, ate yummy food, and then saw the BEST fireworks show west of D.C. Then we were back on the road heading home to Oklahoma. So, that's my quick little update for you all. I took around 1200 pictures of the trip. Yeah, sometimes I'm even a little overwhelming for myself...but hey, you have to catch the cuteness of Mya, she's so dang cute. Look for the slide show, I may/may not get it up tonight. I've loved reading about everyone's summer fun. It's such a good time of the year!

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Sounds awesome! You are such a good sister, not that you even think twice about going to Utah to be there for Kim...
She sounds like a doll...Mya is a cute name.How is Kim and family? Sounds like Coleman had fun with your fam as usual- Hope you took pictures. I love to see Coleman.

Heather said...

OH! i am soo glad you had soo much fun!!!!! sounds like it was a blast!

how cute that you got to hold your neice and everything! I LOVE IT! you are a sweet sister to run and see her when she went into labor! NICE NICE SISTER!

anyways, she is soo dang precious and beautiful!

HEY! 1200 or whatever pictures I hear you! i take that many whenever i go on trips, well, and sometimes weekly! haha...

anyways, and i hear you on the utah weather and playing outdoors compared to here. Isn't it so sad? it is soo stinkin humid here! haha! love it, sure...

Jackson's FARM'N family said...

OPPS lacey Mya was 6lb 5oz but that is okay she still loves you. Yep ya'all I have the best sister. Im just glad she put her foot down and didnt give chris the option of not comming. I loved having the Goelz fam at my home!!!

Maggie said...

Welcome back to Okie.... you were missed, trust me.... =o) and it was actually really nice weather here on the 4th, i enjoyed being outside but yes i bet UT was even more nice!

This music isn't here just to listen to, it's to be lived and loved, so sit back and enjoy the sound


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.
Can it get any better than love AND chocolate?

Pretty much the most talented/overlooked actor!

A dramatic, true story of a piano prodigy, music and love

Best animated kids movie so far!

must see the whole series...MUST

Best "princess" story...and FUNNY!

Thumbs down to Tom, but I love this oldie.

Nazi regime, rebellion, music. If you haven't experienced it, you haven't lived!

4th from the left, 1st one on the right..*sigh*

Say what?! You don't know about Led Zeppelin...yer crazeh!

The most inspiring musician, Rachmaninov

MUSE, MUSE, and more MUSE! I dare you to experience them.

Winger's! Best wings on the planet.

SUSHI! Everyone must try sushi. Pregnant women all over Asia eat Sushi and their babies are fine! That's what I told my OB/Gyn. She just said "Ohhhkayyy" and rolled her eyes.