Mar 13, 2008

Another Day

I have to apologize to Chris because I know some mornings I wake up super grumpy! Like I did today. I sometimes dread the thought of rolling out of bed for yet another day, knowing exactly what is going to happen, exactly when it will happen, and exactly how I will deal with it. I had a break down yesterday after being completely frustrated, claustrophobic (our apt is quite small) and just felt like nothing I did was working! I try to start dinner earlier and earlier, so it will be yummy and ready for when Chris gets home from school, I try to stay on top of the laundry, the dishes, the house, Coleman's messes, and keep myself done up (it feels better than pjs all day). Then, the rolls don't rise, the food burns, the dryer breaks, Coleman breaks our television, the bathroom floor is flooded yet again (because Coleman opens the shower curtain during my sane moment to shower) I don't have time for makeup, most of Coleman's breakfast, lunch and dinners end up on the floor, and then Coleman throws his sippy-cup on the floor, bursting it open, followed by grape juice staining everything! *Sigh* That's usually my day. Different day, different juice, but you get the drift. Full of "No, no, Coleman." "Don't climb on that." "Let mommy go to the potty, close the door!" We are usually walking on top of each other with only two small rooms and a small living space connected to the "kitchen." And my sweet, little guy never loses patience with me! Since the weather has been nicer (78' yesterday) I've been leaving the door open to our patio space for Coleman to roam around on. I swept it clean, put up two camping chairs, got out my flower pots, and put some of his toys out there. It's been nice! We also went with family, Kael, a cousin, and his mom to the Zoo yesterday and I could have stayed there all day! I probably enjoyed being out more than the boys! So, waking up today was tough..I grumbled after I heard Coleman waking up, didn't want to have morning prayer with Chris, but I forced myself, and then I turned over in bed and slept some more. Who knows how long Coleman was in his crib playing. Can someone say "attitude adjustment!" Yeah, I know I need one. So, to make up for my sour spirits I packed up Coleman in the stroller and we walked 2.5 miles to the nearest park and played and played. That is, after another morning of cleaning, wiping up the wet bathroom floor, saying "no" at least 100 times, cleaning Coleman's breakfast mess, and a load of laundry.

4 comments:

The Hubler Fam! said...

Sorry for the crappy day my dear friend! I have also felt bogged down by the monotony of life and the hazards that come from having little ones. I took Leah to the Mall today for 3 hours! I let her play at the play-place while I sat there with scissors and about 2 dozen Ensign magazines, and made my sister a missionary-notes journal (Yes, inspired by you!! THANKS!).

Mandy said...

My heck Lace. Those days are rough. You are so real and not alone in your feelings. Don't get down on yourself for not wanting to spring out of bed and face another day. Life is tough and you just do the best you can...and you did, you got out of bed, let the house wait and walked and played with your little one. That sounds like the best answer.
You know what is funny is that some days are just plan easier than others, some days for me I say my prayers, ask for patience, for the energy to be fun and smile- I think "happy thoughts", review the mom I want to be... and the day still is CRAP. Other days come, and I don't know what the difference is, but I am able to just get up and go and don't even have to try to have a good day. Those days I don't mind (or at least I handle it better) if Zac spills milk and Jenna won't get dressed. I feel like dancing, and don't feel tired and the desire to just go to bed. It just comes easier...anyway- just something that bugs me that I have noticed.

So as a friend of mine just recently said to me...keep your chin up! Love ya.

Heather said...

I totally hear you darling! you are way too cute! I soo know what you are talking about! you are AWESOME!!!

About what you wrote on my blog...No for REAL, i TOLD you i masked the photos, i only posted the good ones... in person, her acne is SOOOOO HORRID! I feel soo bad! how long did it last with coleman!? i am SOOO sad i wish it would go away!!! anyways. love you!!!

The Texas Links said...

It is quite alright to be a bit grumpy sometimes. It's the day-in day-out, constant and never changing things that we do everyday that make people like you a great mom. It's all worth it!! (Keep telling yourself that) It pays off later. However--the laudry only gets worse...heehee.

This music isn't here just to listen to, it's to be lived and loved, so sit back and enjoy the sound


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.
Can it get any better than love AND chocolate?

Pretty much the most talented/overlooked actor!

A dramatic, true story of a piano prodigy, music and love

Best animated kids movie so far!

must see the whole series...MUST

Best "princess" story...and FUNNY!

Thumbs down to Tom, but I love this oldie.

Nazi regime, rebellion, music. If you haven't experienced it, you haven't lived!

4th from the left, 1st one on the right..*sigh*

Say what?! You don't know about Led Zeppelin...yer crazeh!

The most inspiring musician, Rachmaninov

MUSE, MUSE, and more MUSE! I dare you to experience them.

Winger's! Best wings on the planet.

SUSHI! Everyone must try sushi. Pregnant women all over Asia eat Sushi and their babies are fine! That's what I told my OB/Gyn. She just said "Ohhhkayyy" and rolled her eyes.