Mar 10, 2008

"That's one small bite for man, one giant apple for mankind."



After Coleman and I took our walk this evening, I sat him on the table to finish a phone conversation. I was holding on to him but not paying much attention.















After I hung up, I noticed "mister independent" munching on an apple! So I had to grab my camera because he has never done that. He usually doesn't eat them when I offer. Plus, he only has 6 little teeth so I couldn't believe he was munching away, let alone, knowing how to eat one whole. I asked, "What are you doing, silly boy?" He answered with offering me some of his apple.












Then he got really camera shy....



















and continued eating his apple.




Now, I know most of you are thinking this is no big deal, but I live a simple life, and he is my joy.

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I love it. Esp the one with him camera-shy. I am glad that he brings you joy, Lace. You are a good mom.

Thanks for the blog templates by the way. It was easy too!

The Texas Links said...

I love this! It's the simple things, like the first whole apple experience, that make you love your life. Maggie's first apple--she was dressed in black and grey and it was a green apple. It was just begging for a picture to be taken--So I took like 20 shots of the first apple eating. We, as mom's, need to take notice of these simple things. These are the things that are memory makers for us and them. You are a good momma, Lace! Love you!

The Hubler Fam! said...

So cute! The simple things are worth celebrating. Just CHEW before you swallow little guy!!

Victoria and Mark said...

SO CUTE! I like the shy picture especially. And you make me smile with your pro-Hillary site. I am still rooting for Obama, at this point. I just don't think Hillary can beat McCain and we have GOT TO BEAT McCAIN AT ALL COSTS unless we want to plunge into World War 3. Ooops. I did not mean to get really political here. Juts comment on your cute kid! Take it easy.

This music isn't here just to listen to, it's to be lived and loved, so sit back and enjoy the sound


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.
Can it get any better than love AND chocolate?

Pretty much the most talented/overlooked actor!

A dramatic, true story of a piano prodigy, music and love

Best animated kids movie so far!

must see the whole series...MUST

Best "princess" story...and FUNNY!

Thumbs down to Tom, but I love this oldie.

Nazi regime, rebellion, music. If you haven't experienced it, you haven't lived!

4th from the left, 1st one on the right..*sigh*

Say what?! You don't know about Led Zeppelin...yer crazeh!

The most inspiring musician, Rachmaninov

MUSE, MUSE, and more MUSE! I dare you to experience them.

Winger's! Best wings on the planet.

SUSHI! Everyone must try sushi. Pregnant women all over Asia eat Sushi and their babies are fine! That's what I told my OB/Gyn. She just said "Ohhhkayyy" and rolled her eyes.