Apr 3, 2008

New Beginnings

Today was a good day. I finished painting most of the living room in our new apartment. It's a great color! It's like the color of dried wheat, or light tan...in that range anyway. It's cute! It's crazy how much a little bit of paint transforms stark white walls into something warm and inviting! It wasn't that hard either. I just sectioned off the area I was working on so Coleman couldn't come through. After a few hours with some breaks in between, ta-da, done! My shoulders are sore of course, but that's why I have Chris around (wink). We met with family at Red Lobster to celebrate our brother's birthday and it turned out nicely. Coleman ate okay, screamed a bunch because he wanted out of the high chair, but all in all, not too shabby.

One thing I can't wait for is General Conference! We will have the opportunity to sustain a newly called Prophet of God and President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We will hear from him and his counselors and the twelve apostles of the Lord. They are our leaders and servants of God! They testify of Christ and of our divine destiny in the plan of salvation! They are the mouth piece of God our Father and His son Jesus Christ. God has not ceased to give revelation through prophets and I am excited that I live in a day where we have prophets and apostles who lead and guide me. Joseph Smith Jr said "...the standard of truth has been erected; No un hallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished, and the great Jehovah shall say the work is done!" God does speak. There is so much truth, so much knowledge to be had, so much happiness and safety to be found when following His words.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

That is great that you are able to paint the apartment- it gives you some ownership and feels more like home that way. That's good that Coleman did ok with it too. You should post some pix at some point.

I appreciated your comment on General Conference. I will never forget a Monday after conference weekend. We were at the C-store in the Sharwan Smith center. You walked up absolutely radiant. Your hair, your face, your smile, and that is when I received a testimony of a beautiful countenance. You loved General Conference, and it shined through you.
Thanks for the reminder of the quote from Joseph Smith Jr- it reminded me of Mission prep and reading that quote on an index card taped on my wall in the room I shared with Annette- we should have been roommates! Anyway, thanks for being spiritually-stalwart, like-a-flint-Lacey. Love you!

Lacey said...

Thanks, Mandy. You remind me of a perfect, steadfast woman of God. I'll never forget meeting you in my apartment, on that college issued couch, talking about the gospel and seeing how faithful you were in your conversion! It's funny that you said like a flint, because I was also going to blog about Isaiah talking about setting his face like a flint, knowing he will not be confounded. I love that scripture...in fact I think I will post it! Love you girl!

Heather said...

Conference was wonderful!!!!

Way to go on the painting of the house! WOW! seriously, I WISH we could paint our walls... that would be soo wonderful! i just get nervous, if we ever need to sell. PLUS, TAKES SOO MUCH EFFORT. kirk and i tend to be pretty lazy in the "HARD LABOR" department!! way to go!!! seriously, i KNOW it makes the house always soo much nicer then plain white walls. trust me i know! post some pics after you're done!

This music isn't here just to listen to, it's to be lived and loved, so sit back and enjoy the sound


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.
Can it get any better than love AND chocolate?

Pretty much the most talented/overlooked actor!

A dramatic, true story of a piano prodigy, music and love

Best animated kids movie so far!

must see the whole series...MUST

Best "princess" story...and FUNNY!

Thumbs down to Tom, but I love this oldie.

Nazi regime, rebellion, music. If you haven't experienced it, you haven't lived!

4th from the left, 1st one on the right..*sigh*

Say what?! You don't know about Led Zeppelin...yer crazeh!

The most inspiring musician, Rachmaninov

MUSE, MUSE, and more MUSE! I dare you to experience them.

Winger's! Best wings on the planet.

SUSHI! Everyone must try sushi. Pregnant women all over Asia eat Sushi and their babies are fine! That's what I told my OB/Gyn. She just said "Ohhhkayyy" and rolled her eyes.