May 31, 2008

Red, White and Liberal

So, my husband's buddy from work had an interesting political graph on his blog showing where he falls in the spectrum of Economics and Social policies. I decided to check it out and do the questionnaire myself and post my political graph. I am pleased to say that this helped me learn more about my political views as well. When I took government in High School I never knew that I fit into an actual political party, I figured I just wasn't invited (my high school was pretty much white-collar kids with daddy's that spoiled with Hummers, Corvettes etc). My ideas were more liberal than most. No name brands at the exploitation of others, pick up my garbage and put it in a trash can, hey, even recycle it if possible. By all means possible, try to avoid war. I didn't see how people felt justified exploiting mother earth (I tried several times to save the rain forest through fund raisers and was VP of our Eco-Team in JR High, and continued documenting with video cameras through high school the filthy display of trash disrespectful people left behind). And what about wearing name brand clothing knowing full well it was made at the expense of a kid in a sweat shop, and choosing to look down on the lesser folk of the valley without knowing that some chose and were not forced, to live a more "down to earth" lifestyle? I was a vegetarian after I learned of slaughter houses and inhumane treatment of God's creations (glad to say I overcame that because I love beef). My teachers and classmates taught me that I definitely didn't agree with them...but where did I belong? Then college came, and thanks to many professors and roommates I affirmed my stand on social, civil liberties and economic issues. I had found home!!! I was part of a minority community called liberals. I even had a party called the Democratic party! How sweet is that!? Yeah, my new found glory has brought me here today, re-evaluating my stand. I've never understood fence sitters. Choose something and stand for it! I don't look down on you, and you shouldn't look down on me. Everyone is born an equal to you and I; An equal in the sight of God, and should be treated as such! If there is something you don't like about political policy, or supreme court rulings then change it. Fight for what you believe in. You have a party somewhere! Find out where that is and join in!

Here is where I fall in the scheme of things.



Here is where others fall.

4 comments:

The Texas Links said...

How can I take the survey? I'd like to know exactly where I fit in. It's good to be in there with Nelson Mandela, huh? He's a peaceful dude. Let me know.

Lacey said...

Tam, I got the link. Yeah, me and Mandela go way back.

Maggie said...

When's the trip to Tibet?

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I think that's where I fell too.

This music isn't here just to listen to, it's to be lived and loved, so sit back and enjoy the sound


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.
Can it get any better than love AND chocolate?

Pretty much the most talented/overlooked actor!

A dramatic, true story of a piano prodigy, music and love

Best animated kids movie so far!

must see the whole series...MUST

Best "princess" story...and FUNNY!

Thumbs down to Tom, but I love this oldie.

Nazi regime, rebellion, music. If you haven't experienced it, you haven't lived!

4th from the left, 1st one on the right..*sigh*

Say what?! You don't know about Led Zeppelin...yer crazeh!

The most inspiring musician, Rachmaninov

MUSE, MUSE, and more MUSE! I dare you to experience them.

Winger's! Best wings on the planet.

SUSHI! Everyone must try sushi. Pregnant women all over Asia eat Sushi and their babies are fine! That's what I told my OB/Gyn. She just said "Ohhhkayyy" and rolled her eyes.