Jun 11, 2008

Melting









It's completely hot here (as most of you know) and when it rains, it only gets more muggy and more humid. And there has been a lot of that since it's tornado season. I threw a picture in here of our courtyard so you could see the torrential rain and "lake random." Click on it so you can see it zoomed in. I have to be honest and say that I miss the Utah summers. I miss cool summer nights, and 80 degrees that heats you up but doesn't melt you. I miss playing with my family's doggies in the yard where the green grass is actual grass. However, I do love the rain storms here. The Uintah mountain (Utah) rain storms are great, but even those don't compare. I'm trying to see the positives in all things...even when I feel like I need a shower mid day.

To cool off we spend our time at the splash pad here in Norman, at the kiddie pool in cousin Kael's backyard or fill up the infant tub and put it on the porch, just for kicks. Coleman enjoys all of it! *Sigh* To be a kid again! What do you guys do to keep cool? Any other fun suggestions?

6 comments:

Angie said...

Cute picts! I can't believe how fast Coleman is growing up! The way I like to keep cool in the summer is going to the snow shack. They are my favorite! Good to keep up with you through your blog. My brother is in Oklahoma now too at Altus AF Base. He'll be there until August doing his training. He's not very fond of the heat and humidity...or the tornados!

Lacey said...

Yeah, the tornadic weather is freaky! The humidity, just miserable. Hopefully he's doing good at training. I didn't know he enlisted.

The Texas Links said...

It wouldn't feel like summer if you weren't sweating immediately when you walk outside. Don't you love it?? No?? However, there's nothing like an Oklahoma storm with lightning and thunder and a little fright when the sirens blare (but no tornado comes). It's kind of cool! Mother Nature at her best-or worst-however you look at it.
I love the Coleman pics--he's the cutest!! Love you guys

The Texas Links said...

Keep cool with POPSICLES!! Lots and lots of POPSICLES!!

Lacey said...

Oooo. I NEED to get some popsicles!!!

Heather said...

AHHH the splash pad! good times! that place is soo much fun!!!! it is soo super hot and humid here! YUCK! sometimes it makes me a little crazy!!

This music isn't here just to listen to, it's to be lived and loved, so sit back and enjoy the sound


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS - Some momentarily, some forever.
Can it get any better than love AND chocolate?

Pretty much the most talented/overlooked actor!

A dramatic, true story of a piano prodigy, music and love

Best animated kids movie so far!

must see the whole series...MUST

Best "princess" story...and FUNNY!

Thumbs down to Tom, but I love this oldie.

Nazi regime, rebellion, music. If you haven't experienced it, you haven't lived!

4th from the left, 1st one on the right..*sigh*

Say what?! You don't know about Led Zeppelin...yer crazeh!

The most inspiring musician, Rachmaninov

MUSE, MUSE, and more MUSE! I dare you to experience them.

Winger's! Best wings on the planet.

SUSHI! Everyone must try sushi. Pregnant women all over Asia eat Sushi and their babies are fine! That's what I told my OB/Gyn. She just said "Ohhhkayyy" and rolled her eyes.